Exclusive Tips from IAS Toppers for UPSC IAS Prelims 2023 : Secrets revealed
UPSC IAS Prelims 2023: Last Minute Preparation Tips
UPSC IAS Prelims 2023 is just around the corner, and candidates are in the final stage of their preparation. The Preliminary exam is the first hurdle that candidates have to clear to move forward in the UPSC Civil Services Examination. It is crucial to have a clear strategy and plan for the last few days of preparation. In this blog post, we will discuss some last-minute preparation tips that will help candidates to perform well in the UPSC IAS Prelims 2023.
Table of Contents:
- Importance of UPSC IAS Prelims
- Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Unique Tips by IAS Toppers
- Anupma Chandra’s Tips for Prelims
Importance of UPSC IAS Prelims: IAS Prelims 2023
UPSC IAS Prelims is the first step towards achieving your goal of becoming a civil servant. The Prelims exam consists of two papers, i.e., General Studies (Paper-I) and Civil Services Aptitude Test (Paper-II). The Paper-I is of 200 marks and Paper-II is of 200 marks. The Prelims exam is a screening test that helps the UPSC to shortlist candidates for the next round of selection, i.e., the Mains exam. It is important to score well in the Prelims to move forward in the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
Before discussing the last-minute preparation tips, it is important to understand the syllabus and exam pattern of the UPSC IAS Prelims exam. The Paper-I covers subjects like History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Environment and Ecology, Science and Technology, and Current Affairs. The Paper-II tests a candidate’s aptitude and comprehension skills.
The Prelims exam is an objective type test, and candidates have to select the correct answer from four options. There is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks for every wrong answer.
Recommended Prelims Mock Tests
Last Minute Preparation Tips:IAS Prelims 2023
- Revise the important topics: In the last few days before the exam, it is essential to revise the important topics. Focus on the topics that you have already studied and revise them thoroughly. It is not advisable to start a new topic at this stage.
- Practice Mock Tests: Mock tests are an excellent way to evaluate your preparation. Take as many mock tests as possible in the last few days before the exam. Analyze your performance and identify the areas where you need improvement.
- Focus on Current Affairs: The current affairs section is an essential part of the Prelims exam. It is crucial to stay updated with the latest happenings and events. Revise the current affairs notes and practice MCQs based on current affairs.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial during the exam. Practice solving questions within the given time frame. Try to complete the paper within the stipulated time to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Stay Calm and Composed: It is essential to stay calm and composed during the exam. Do not panic if you come across a difficult question. Take deep breaths and stay focused.
Unique Tips by IAS Toppers:IAS Prelims 2023
- Poonam Dalal: Focus on the basics and clear your concepts. Revise the topics that you have studied and practice mock tests.
- Anudeep Durishetty: Make a timetable and stick to it. Focus on your strengths and weaknesses and work accordingly.
- Tina Dabi: Revise the current affairs notes and practice MCQs based on current affairs. Stay updated with the latest happenings.
- Ankita Choudhary: Practice solving previous year question papers and analyze your performance
Anupma Chandra’s Tips for Prelims:IAS Prelims 2023
Anupma Chandra is a renowned UPSC IAS expert who has guided many successful candidates. According to her, the last few days before the exam are crucial, and candidates should focus on revising the important topics. She advises candidates to prioritize the topics based on their importance and revise them accordingly.
Anupma Chandra also emphasizes the importance of time management during the exam. She advises candidates to practice solving questions within the given time frame and avoid spending too much time on a single question. She suggests that candidates should attempt the questions that they know well first and then move on to the difficult ones.
Another important tip given by Anupma Chandra is to stay calm and composed during the exam. She advises candidates not to panic if they come across a difficult question and to take deep breaths to stay focused.
The UPSC IAS Prelims exam is a crucial stage in the UPSC Civil Services Examination, and candidates need to have a clear strategy and plan for the last few days of preparation. In this blog post, we discussed some last-minute preparation tips that will help candidates to perform well in the UPSC IAS Prelims 2023. We also included some unique tips given by IAS toppers and Anupma Chandra, a renowned UPSC IAS expert. Candidates should follow these tips and strategies to boost their chances of success in the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
मेरे YouTube channel के trending videos देखिए
Five movies that you should watch if you are an IAS/IPS/IFS aspirant